Wow! What a Summer already! As we begin to close in on our first year, we are so grateful for your continued support to help us grow! We believe in letting all things come naturally & it’s been so amazing to see such a class group of people come together to help reach our goals for this community. The proof is in the pudding…or potatoes:) & people are buzzing about the good food & friendship being created! In honour of our upcoming 1st ANNIVERSARY, we would like to focus on getting the Community Garden ready for a very special event to be held on Thursday, AUGUST 28th @ 6pm. This will be our opportunity to celebrate all of the progress made & raise funds for the upcoming growing season! WE NEED YOUR HELP! Below is a list of jobs that are required & goals to obtain in order to help us put on the most BRILLIANT EVENT OF THE SUMMER! Please contact Lexi at 087 604 7912 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help at any time. We will be at the Community Garden every Monday, Wednesday from @ 10-2 & all day on Fridays. Even if it is raining, there are plenty of jobs that can be done in the comfort of the shed & glass house…& there is always time for a team swim or surf, so come on up to the Hill! Volunteers will continue to receive FREE VEG!
1. MASON REQUIRED: repair stone wall by native tree nursey and at the bottom of the hill. Feel free to host a workshop at the Garden!
2. ARTIST REQUIRED! Help Lexi paint our sign to go at the bottom of the Hill…she’s no pro:)
3. LANDSCAPER REQUIRED: CUT & TRIM GRASS, WEEDS & OVERGROWN TREES: surrounding beds & along border edges of the Garden so that we may move forward with planting the native tree nursery
4. ARCHITECT REQUIRED: CREATE AMPHITHEATRE SEATING AT BOTTOM OF THE HILL: we will need many strong backs to make light work for this one! Keep FRIDAY AUG 8th & Saturday AUG 9th on your schedule to help if ye can!
5. COMPLETE THE SHED: in need of window on front door or replace with barn door, install shelves for storage & fold-down bench/seating, desk chairs
6. BUILD COMPOST TOILETS
7. PLUMBER REQUIRED:)INSTALL OUTDOOR SINK at water source
8. LUMBERJACK REQUIRED:) Store good wood & chop others for burning
9. TAKE AWAY BROKEN WINDOWS & STORE INTACT ONES FOR GLASS HOUSE
10. CAVEMAN REQUIRED: use the pick axe to square off & level the underground glass house slate floor to the level of the drain
11. CREATE FIRE-PIT STOVE AT CENTER
12. BUILD BENCHES & PICNIC TABLES OUT OF PALLATES
13. Continue tohelp plant & harvest to your heart’s content
*** LET’S ALL COME TOGETHER IN THE NEXT MONTH TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN & CONTINUE TO ENJOY THIS BEAUTIFULLY SHARED SPACE FOR OUR COMMUNITY!***